Back to School
Well, the dreaded time of the year is here (or almost, or it has been for a while; depending on where you live): BACK TO SCHOOL.
I don't know if every kid gets slightly depressed around this time of the summer, but for me, there are a few simple things that help remain as happy as I am out of school when I am in it. Enjoy!
- Don't overwhelm yourself. Definitely still try and reach for the stars, but don't drive yourself crazy with too much work.
- Go to bed early. EVERY NIGHT. Or, school night at least. This always helps me -- I wake up earlier and therefore, don't have a stressful morning before school.
- Don't be absorbed in a screen when you could be doing something productive. Even if productive means lying on the couch and reading a book.
- Keep your room clean. This usually makes me more productive and motivated to finish the pile of homework on my desk.
- Be as positive as you can. Be present and think on the bright side!
- Use an agenda or some type of planner. If you have lots of homework or tests to study for, planner's really help. Also, writing it on your calendar or setting an alarm for it is helpful, too.
- Don't act on pressure. Do things that make you happy.
- Try not to get upset over a bad grade. It usually makes for more stress than its worth.
- Take walks. Go outside and play frisbee or walk your dog. The fresh air and ground beneath your feet will wake you up!
Hope that helped, even if only a little. Have fun in school!
And yes, this lady is walking her bunny and a cat. P.S! I painted this with Tombow Dual brush pens. Will do a post on them soon!